
I'm a huge blues and jazz fan; Miles, Coltrane, Fitzgerald, Billie, Etta-- I love them all. In my opinion, and I know they're from different eras BUT, I feel like Nina has never gotten the praise or acclaim that she damn well deserves. She is incredibly smart, incredibly gifted with the piano. She knows how to make music, not just her voice, sing to people; how to craft her feelings in tangible, audible form. I'm a bigger fan of her live extended versions. They are far more raw, real, and just plain brilliant.
| for a while. > live at ronnie scott's
^ One of my favorite live performances ever. She did the Ronnie Scott's show after her lover had just passed away. Tragic but absolutely beautiful music.
| if you knew. > performace at ronnie scott's
| feelings. > montreaux jazz festival video
___________________________________________________________________
werd! girl, you have so many blogs, how do you keep up! :)
ReplyDelete