skip to main |
skip to sidebar
ARTISTplug \\ laura.izibor
from her debut album 'Shine' I never thought the day would come when I would say this, but I've been growing tired of revisiting and listening to old female R&B/Soul singers over and over. I really needed something that was new but not the kind of new where they replace her voice with an audiobox. I ain't down with that. So I thankfully finally stumbled upon the already-praised Laura Izibor. This isn't groundbreaking stuff, but it sure is refreshing especially at a time like this. Listen listen listen to these two tracks, preferably right before going to bed. This shit's so smooth and nostalgic you'll want to knock out right after-- or get busy. Whatever works. If Tonight Is My Last //
live youtube videoOne of my favorite songs on the album. It's just so reminiscent of those songs from early-mid 90s all-girl groups and one-named singers a la Monica, Brandy, or Divine, that were just so darn popular back then. In true fashion, there is a choir that pops up at the hilt of the final repeating chorus (actually, same with the song below..)-- but I'm sure you could've guessed that. Mmm... //
Just a super chill song for that future special someone-- whoever the heck it may be. (note to said person: way to move at a f*in glacial pace!)
*These two tracks may be slow, but the rest of her album is slap-happy, hands-raising feel-good music. Juuuust thought you should know.
No comments:
Post a Comment